There are few weeks of the year Kosmo looks forward to most than this one. Yes there are five nights of basketball during each week of the winter season, but not five nights of PLAYOFF basketball with boys districts and girls regionals taking place.
Kosmo gave his thoughts on boys districts in the paper and online already. Here are his picks for Tuesday's girls regionals.
Birmingham Marian vs. Southfield-Lathrup at Lake Orion, 5:30 p.m.
- If OAA Red champ Harrison couldn't beat Lathrup neither will the OAA runner-up. Pick: Marian by 8.
Waterford Kettering vs. Stoney Creek at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- A toss-up game if Kosmo ever saw one. As long as Kettering can somewhat handle Stoney Creek's size, it will survive. Pick: Kettering by 3.
Lakeland vs. Howell at West Bloomfield, 5:30 p.m.
- The Eagles took advantage of a winnable district but not even the brilliance of Dominique Zigo will be enough. Pick: Howell by 5.
Holly vs. Canton at West Bloomfield, 7 p.m.
- Given how special this season has been for Holly, Kosmo hates making this pick. But he has to call it like he sees it. Pick: Canton by 6.
Farmington Hills Mercy vs. Grosse Pointe South at Farmington, 5:30 p.m.
- South will be shown no mercy at all. Pick: Mercy by 9.
Country Day vs. Chandler Park Academy at Clawson, 5:30 p.m.
- Kosmo doesn't know much about Chandler Park except it is in trouble. Pick: Country Day by 8.
Ferndale vs. Detroit Collegiate at Clawson, 7.p.m.
- The loser of this game will be a sacrificial lamb in the regional final, but at least that lamb will be from Oakland County. Pick: Ferndale by 7.
Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett at Madison Heights Bishop Foley, 7:30 p.m.
- Not even home court will be enough for Bishop Foley. Pick: Liggett by 6.
Novi Franklin Road Christian vs. Clarkston Everest Collegiate at Waterford Our Lady of the Lakes, 6 p.m.
- What a great story that one of these teams will be in a regional final. Pick: Franklin Road by 4.