It was a Super Saturday indeed
- Kosmo had a feeling about the Rochester girls track team and Megan Goethals might be the greatest female athlete to come through Oakland County. All spring, Kosmo has been saying on this blog to look out for the Falcons girls track team. Sure, no county team had ever won a team state title in girls track, but Kosmo figured Rochester had as good of a shot as anybody, assuming the Falcons were healthy. Rochester indeed was healthy in fulfilling its season-long mission by winning the state title. In the process, Goethals might have earned a status as the greatest female high school athlete to ever come through the county. In her time at Rochester, she won two individual cross country titles, four individual track titles (2 each in the 1,600 and 3,200) and was apart of team state title teams in cross country and track. Add the fact she's the national cross country champion, and you have an athlete the county won't see for quite a while, if ever.
- Kosmo is thrilled to see an all-OAA North baseball regional at Oxford. Clarkston, Auburn Hills Avondale, Rochester Adams and Rochester all won district titles on Saturday, and the four will be paired in the same regional at Oxford this Saturday, with Clarkston facing Avondale and Rochester taking on Adams. That means there's guaranteed to be an OAA team in the state quarterfinals next Tuesday at Bishop Foley.
- The path might have gotten really clear for Troy softball. All season long, Kosmo was expecting a Troy-Clarkston showdown in a regional softball. Well, after Clarkston shockingly was upset by Hartland in districts, Troy really has an opportunity to get to Battle Creek now. The Colts are the heavy favorite in the Oxford regional and would have winnable quarterfinal.
- Troy and Novi would be a dream regional final matchup in girls soccer. Here's hoping the Colts and Wildcats win their respective semifinal games on Tuesday to create what should be a great game on Friday in a regional final at Utica Ford. First, Troy has to deal with Grosse Pointe South, while Novi has to beat Fraser.
- Clarkston girls tennis will be the team to beat next year. With all its key components back from this year's team and a terrific crop of freshman coming in, there's a good chance the Wolves will be raising the Division 1 state trophy in 2011.